Press "Enter" to skip to content

Google, OnePlus: Only Mobile Brands That Shipped All Phones with Latest Android OS in 2018

Google and OnePlus were the main brands which sent all their cell phones with the most recent rendition of Android OS in 2018, another report said on Monday. As per statistical surveying techARC, 32 models of cell phones were propelled by different unique hardware producers a year ago.

By and large, Vivo drove the number of dispatches with 7 models having the most recent Android OS variant transported out of the processing plant. The second spot was taken by Nokia which propelled four models, trailed by Tecno (3), the report said. OnePlus Trolls Apple iPhone After Becoming Leading Indian Smartphone Brand in 2018.

“With stock Android turning into the inclination of clients, the OEMs can diminish the update turnaround time for OS as it requires negligible incorporation from their end after Google discharges one,” said Faisal Kawoosa, Founder and Chief Analyst, techARC.

Almost 80 percent of the dispatches with most recent OS variant had Android 8.1 (Oreo) pre-stacked when sent available to be purchased. The rest of the 20 percent had Android 9.0 (Pie) rendition. “Fortunately notwithstanding for the section level (sub-Rs 5,000), clients could get a cell phone with the most recent Android variant, which was sold by Nokia and Lava,” the discoveries appeared.