Shanquella Robinson Death: A warrant has been issued for femicide, says the prosecutor

Shanquella Robinson Death: According to a local prosecutor, an arrest warrant was issued Wednesday in the death of 25-year-old Shanquella Robinson, an American woman vacationing in Mexico, for an unnamed alleged perpetrator. “This case has been thoroughly investigated, and an arrest warrant has been issued for the crime of femicide against the victim and against an alleged perpetrator, a friend of hers who is the direct aggressor. It wasn’t a quarrel, but rather an act of direct aggression.

We are carrying out all necessary procedures, such as the Interpol alert and the extradition request to the United States of America. It revolves around two Americans, the victim, and the perpetrator…” According to Daniel de la Rosa Anaya, local prosecutor for the state of Baja California Sur.

Salamondra Robinson, Shanquella Robinson’s mother, spoke to ABC News on Wednesday, and when told that an arrest warrant has been issued for the crime against her daughter and hearing the news for the first time, she responded, “That’s a good feeling, I feel so good. That’s what we’ve been hoping for: someone to be held accountable and arrested. I can’t wait for justice to be done.”

As the FBI investigates Robinson’s death, Mexican authorities revealed Tuesday night that Robinson may have been alive and receiving medical care for several hours before authorities arrived and pronounced her dead, ABC News has learned. Robinson’s friends were allegedly told by a medical professional on the scene that Robinson was drunk and dehydrated and that they should take her to the hospital. According to authorities, they refused to do so.

Shanquella Robinson Death

The new report differs significantly from the original autopsy report obtained by ABC News, which said medical professionals arrived at Robinson’s villa at 3 p.m. and she was declared dead within 15 minutes. The autopsy said Robinson died from a severe spinal cord injury and a dislocated neck. The authorities have yet to respond to ABC News’ request for comment on the discrepancy between their report and the autopsy. Robinson’s friends requested a medical consultation at 2:13 p.m., according to the new police report.

When an American Medical Center general practitioner arrived at the address in Puerto Los Cabos, Robinson’s friends informed the doctor that she had consumed a large amount of alcohol. Medican personnel said they noticed Robinson had a poor verbal response, was in a state of drunkenness, and was dehydrated, but had stable vital signs, according to the police report. The medical professional at the scene advised Robinson’s friends to transfer her to a hospital but her friends insisted she stay at the villa, the report said.

Robinson began seizing at 4:20 p.m., which is when one of Robinson’s friends, Wenter Essence Donovan, dialled 911. According to the police report, Robinson began having difficulty breathing and had a decreased pulse as emergency medical personnel arrived.

At 4:49 p.m., the general practitioner said they stopped feeling Robinson’s pulse and started CPR until paramedics arrived. They continued with 14 CPR sessions and five doses of adrenaline without success. Robinson went into an asystole state (type of cardiac arrest), according to the police report. Robinson was declared deceased at 5:57 p.m., the report said. According to the new police report, Donovan notified Mexican authorities of Robinson’s condition around 5 p.m. local time.

Donovan and all of Robinson’s Cabo friends have not responded to ABC News’ repeated requests for comment. The FBI launched an investigation into Robinson’s death earlier this month, which Mexican authorities are treating as femicide, or gender-based violence. Robinson, of Charlotte, North Carolina, travelled to San Jose del Cabo, a resort city on Mexico’s Baja California peninsula, with six friends on Oct. 28.

According to Robinson’s family, they stayed in a rental villa in Fundadores, an exclusive gated community with vacation homes and a private beach club. The next day, Robinson’s parents said they received a frantic phone call from their daughter’s friends informing them that she had died.

Robinson’s family is still seeking answers from her friends who know what happened that weekend in Cabo, despite all of the new and developing information. Sallamondra Robinson, Shanquella Robinson’s mother, said she’s relieved the FBI has stepped in to help solve her daughter’s case so it “won’t be in vain.”

“I’d like to see them all sent back to Mexico because their plan was to come back here thinking they wouldn’t be prosecuted,” Robinson told ABC News. “She was a kind person, and I want them to remember that. We’re going to carry on her legacy.”

Till Then, keep yourself updated with all the latest news from our website

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.