[web_stories title="true" excerpt="false" author="false" date="false" archive_link="true" archive_link_label="" circle_size="150" sharp_corners="false" image_alignment="left" number_of_columns="1" number_of_stories="6" order="DESC" orderby="post_title" view="circles" /]
Who is Next in line to the Throne 2022?
Since his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, passed away at the age of 96, Charles succeeded her as the monarch of Britain.
After her father, King George VI, died in February 1952, Queen Elizabeth II became the sixth woman to become monarch of the United Kingdom.
As Charles was the Queen’s eldest son, he became King right away, making his elder son, William, the next in line.
Information regarding the Next in line to the throne is provided below.
- Charles, Elizabeth’s eldest son and the former Prince of Wales, is now the King of England at 73. When Elizabeth celebrated her diamond jubilee in February, she asked that her husband’s wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, become Queen Consort.
- Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, is second in line to the throne after King Charles III. He is Charles’ older son from his first marriage to the late Diana, Princess of Wales, who was killed in a car accident in 1997.
- Next in line is William’s eldest son, the 9-year-old Duke of Cambridge and Cambridge heir, Prince George. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, better known as Kate Middleton, is William’s wife and the mother of their son George.
- Prince George’s younger siblings, Princess Charlotte (now 7) and Prince Louis of Cambridge (now 4), are the least likely to succeed to the throne after George.
- If the line of succession continues this far, William’s younger brother Prince Harry, who is 37 years old, would succeed to the throne. Harry and Meghan Markle’s intention to separate themselves from the royal family has been the subject of much conjecture in recent years. Harry and Meghan have two children, Archie and Lilibet, who are next in line to the throne after Harry. Harry and Meghan are now formally known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The Queen’s nickname, Lilibet, is passed down to her great-granddaughter.
- Prince Andrew, also known as the Duke of York, is Elizabeth’s middle son and third in line to the throne after William, his children, and Harry. In February, Andrew settled with Virginia Giuffre, who had sued him for alleged abuse at the hands of the prince when she was 17 years old. As 2019 began, Andrew withdrew from public service, and in January, Queen Elizabeth removed him from all his honorary military titles and royal positions in charities.
- Princess Beatrice is Andrew’s next in line of succession, followed by Andrew’s granddaughter, the almost-year-old Sienna Elizabeth Mapelli Mozzi. Beatrice’s younger sister, Princess Eugenie, and her son, August Brooksbank, follow.
- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and his two children, 15-year-old James (Viscount Severn) and 18-year-old Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, are the next in line after Elizabeth’s eldest son, Andrew, and his children and grandchildren.
- As Elizabeth’s only daughter and second child, Princess Anne come in last in line after her sons, grandkids, and great-grandchildren. The former law of male primogeniture, which valued male sons over sisters, places Princess Royal Anne relatively low in the line of succession.
Time to wrap up… for further updates, visit journalworldwide.com.